The Governing Council of Sri Lanka Accreditation Board is the main policy making body. It consists of thirteen Members appointed by the Minister who are specialized in the areas of Science, Technology, Education, Trade, Industry, or Administration or other relevant fields.
Governing Council Members of SLAB
- Dr. Sampath Wahala – Chairman, Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Management Studies, Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka.
- Prof. M.P.P. Dharmadasa -Member, Dean, Faculty of Management and Finance, University of Colombo
- Mr. Iver Lennis Kulathunga Rathnayaka – Member
- Ms. J.K.N Samanmalee– Member – Director, Department of Trade and Investment Policy, Ministry of Finance
- Mr. S A Mahinda Lal Gunatilake – Member, Additional Secretary, Ministry Of Industries
- Dr. Mrs. Siddhika Senaratne– Member, Director General, Sri Lanka Standard Institute
- Mr. S.N. Akuranthilaka -Member, Director, Measurement Units, Standards and Services Department
- Mrs. Wathsala Priyadarshani – Member, Additional Secretary (Admin)-I, Ministry of Health
- Ms. Gilma Dahanayake – Member, Additional Secretary, Ministry of Trade
- Mrs. G.G.V Shamalee – Member, Director (Agri. Development) Ministry of Agriculture
- Mr. M P N M Wickramasinghe – Member, Additional Secretary, Ministry of Technology