The Governing Council of Sri Lanka Accreditation Board is the main policy making body. It consists of thirteen Members appointed by the Minister who are specialized in the areas of Science, Technology, Education, Trade, Industry, or Administration or other relevant fields.
Governing Council Members of SLAB
- Dr. Sampath Wahala – Chairman, Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Management Studies, Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka.
- Mr. Niranjan Dissanayake-Member, Country Manage/Vice Chairman, The Import Section of the Ceylon Chamber of Commerce
- Prof. Sarath Kotagama– Emeritus Professor, University of Colombo
- Ms. J.K.N Samanmalee– Member – Director, Department of Trade and Investment Policy, Ministry of Finance
- Mrs. M.M.G.K. Meegahakotuwa – Member, Director-General planning, Ministry of Higher Education, Technology and Innovation
- Dr. Mrs. Siddhika Senaratne– Member, Director General, Sri Lanka Standard Institute
- Mr. S.N. Akuranthilaka -Member, Director, Measurement Units, standards and services Department
- Mr. Ruwan De Silva, Representative of Federation of Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FCCI)
- Ms. Gilma Dahanayake -Additional Secretary, Ministry of Trade