In the same way of a regular certification body, a personnel certification body also shall demonstrate its competence to assess and certify its clients. In this instance, the personnel certification body must conform to the requirements of ISO/IEC 17024. ISO/IEC 17024 has a number of requirements for organisational structure, quality management system elements, competence of personnel,
SLAB’s accreditation scheme on Personnel Certification Bodies is based on the international standard ISO/IEC 17024, Conformity assessment – General requirements for bodies operating certification of persons. This scheme is expected to increase the industry’s confidence in personnel certification by providing third-party assurance of the competency and impartiality of accredited Personnel Certification Bodies.
Benefits of being accredited for ISO/IEC 17024
- Provides as assurance to employers, industries and the general public on the competence of individuals certified
- SLAB accreditation is accepted by regulators and the commercial entities
- Endorse professionals who have the necessary skills and knowledge to perform their duties well
- Promotes consumer and public assurance in the abilities and competence of the people who provide specific services
- Enable international recognition of professionals for their abilities
confidentiality etc. The personnel certification body must be able to demonstrate compliance with all of these requirements.